Everything about Bussines, House, Home security tips and solutions. Certified security doors, secure windows, panic rooms, safe rooms, bulletproof doors and windows, ballistic glazing, smart glass, switchable glass and other security solutions.
Collection of Your Personal Information
"Personal Information" refers to information that relates to an identified, or identifiable, person. This includes, for example, your first and last name, home address or email address. In addition to Personal Information, we also collect "non-personal information," which is information that does not identify you. Examples of non-personal information include age range and gender, or aggregate data. The Personal Information that we collect depends on what services you use or the information that you request. Our collection and processing of your data are based on different contexts: our performance of a contract, our obligations under the law, our legitimate interest in conducting our business, protection of a natural person’s vital interests and/or upon your consent. The following are examples of some Personal Information that we may collect as well as when and how we collect it.
Registration and Transactional Data
When you register on or use our Website, we may collect various kinds of Personal Information, including your first and last name, email address, home address, home phone number, personal interests and preferred vacation/leisure destinations. The information is used to process your requests or to send you information about the Company, our products, services or offerings. The information may also be used to create a convenient and easy-to-use online reservation service or shopping process that includes an online "shopping cart" that allows you to track selected products and proceed through purchase. We also collect and store access information related to your account, including user name and user password. When you make purchases from our Website, we may collect information such as product orders, shipping address(es), and credit card information to process your purchase.
From time to time, we may post surveys on our Website or otherwise send you surveys. The surveys may request demographic information (such as age range, gender, areas of interest and familiarity with the Company or our products and services) and customer feedback. Participation in these requests is entirely voluntary. With each request, you will have the choice of whether or not to disclose information. Such survey information will be used to improve our products and services and the overall experience on our Website.
Customer Service Correspondence
We may collect information that identifies you individually, such as your first and last name, home address, email address, phone number, and fax number when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department. We use that information to verify your identity and to respond to your correspondence.
We may use information about you for statistical, design or operational purposes such as to estimate our audience size, to measure aggregate traffic patterns and/or to understand demographics, customer interest, purchasing and other trends among our users and customers, including you.
Marketing and Promotions
We may also use your Personal Information for the marketing and/or promotion of the Company, our subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, including their products and services.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your information with service providers and others who help us operate our business or provide services on our behalf.
We may share your information with companies that are under common ownership or control with Company, our subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies.
We may share or sell your information as an asset of the Company in conjunction with the sale to a third party of our Company, our subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, or a portion of our or their assets.
We may share your information:
(a) to conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal process served on Company (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order, or discovery request);
(b) to enforce or apply our policies or agreements (including to bill and collect for amounts owed to us);
(c) to protect and defend our or our users’ rights or property, our Websites, our employees, users, or the public, including the fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of our Website; or
(d) if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving the immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
You can make the following preferences regarding your Personal Information:
1. Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address to allow us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive or by contacting us with such request according to the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
2. Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us, you can remove yourself from our mailing list by contacting us with such request under the “How to Contact Us” section below and including "PLEASE, NO MORE PROMO MAIL" in the subject line along with your name, address and postcode. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated before your name is removed.
3. Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information, you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP” or otherwise contacting us with such a request under the “How to Contact Us” section below.
4. Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your Personal Information. Most of our Websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, contact us with such a request under the “How to Contact Us” section below.
6. Revocation of Consent. You may revoke consent, or object, to specific processing of your Personal Information by contacting us with such request under the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you revoke your consent for the processing of Personal Information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to verify your identity adequately.
7. Access to Your Personal Information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the Personal Information that we have about you. You may request access to your Personal Information by contacting us with such a request under the “How to Contact Us” section below.
8. Online Tracking. We do not currently recognise automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
Protecting Your Information
To help maintain data accuracy, prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of, and ensure the appropriate use of your Personal Information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures. If we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorised access to your Personal Information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Retention of Information
We retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy, or until individual requests that we delete information about them unless a more extended retention period is required or is permitted by law. If you would like additional information concerning how long we keep a specific type of information, you can contact us under the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We collect aggregate information about you and your use of our Website whenever you visit us online. For instance, we may collect various forms of "clickstream" information such as entry and exit points for our Website (i.e., referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. Also, when you request pages on our Website, our servers automatically log your IP addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the internet.
We also use third-party software that tracks traffic directed to the Website from affiliate websites and the purchases that result from this traffic. This information is aggregated and is not tied to an individual purchase.
This aggregate information generally will not identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes. We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use all aggregate information, provided that such information not reveals your identity. When we share such information with other companies, it is not traceable to any particular user, and will not be used to contact you. If we do correlate any aggregate information to you, such information will be treated like any other Personal Information under this policy.
Links to Other Sites
Transmission of Information to Other Countries
As a multi-national company, we transmit information between and among Company, our subsidiaries and/or our affiliated companies. As a result, your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the regulations in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat Personal Information using the same privacy principles that apply according to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your Personal Information to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your data in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the UK. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction, you can contact us under the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We participate in behaviour-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., cookies) to collect information about your use of our Website so that it can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our Website or other websites. You can opt-out of receiving advertising based on your browsing behaviour from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behaviour you should also disable the cookies on your browser.
How to Contact Us
Email us at:
Alternatively, send a letter to:
Shield House Solutions Ltd.
71-75 Shelton St
London, WC2H 9JQ
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may have a right to complain to your local supervisory authority.
Effective Date: 25-05-2018
© 2018 Shield House Solutions Ltd. All Rights Reserved.